About the Library
The H.M. Fishbon Memorial Library is a department within the UCSF Medical Center at Mount Zion. Priority access to all resources and services are for our primary clientele: our nurses and non-academic medical center staff. Patients and their friends, family members, and partners are welcome to use the UCSF Patient Health Library.
|Address||UCSF Medical Center at Mount Zion
H.M. Fishbon Memorial Library
1600 Divisadero Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm|
The library accepts requests for reference support via telephone, email and fax. As a general rule, we will respond via fax only when the information is required for a patient emergency.
Borrowing privileges from the Fishbon Library are extended to the following only:
- Full & part-time permanent UCSF faculty and staff
- Students currently registered at UCSF
- Guest faculty/researchers if their faculty sponsor is willing to have the items borrowed in their name.
- Loan period for all general library materials is 4 weeks.
- Reference materials may be loaned at the discretion of the Librarian; generally, the period may be whatever meets the need of the patron – from a few hours up to one month.
- Journals may be loaned at the discretion of the Librarian for a few hours.
- History of Medicine materials are library use only. No exceptions.
Photocopying and Printing
- Cost is 15 cents per copy for both the copy machine & the computers
- Payment is cash only unless you have a department or personal account with the Fishbon Library
Resources for Patients
Patients and visitors can learn more about the resources available to them at the UCSF Patient Health Library website.