About the Library
The Fishbon Library is a department within the UCSF Medical Center at Mount Zion. Priority access to all resources and services are for our primary clientele: our nurses, non-academic medical center staff, patients and their families.
|Address||UCSF Medical Center at Mount Zion
1600 Divisadero Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
|Hours||Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm|
The library accepts requests for reference support via telephone, email and fax. As a general rule, we will respond via fax only when the information is required for a patient emergency.
Borrowing privileges from the Fishbon Library are extended to the following only:
- Full & part-time permanent UCSF faculty and staff
- Students currently registered at UCSF
- Guest faculty/researchers if their faculty sponsor is willing to have the items borrowed in their name.
- Loan period for all general library materials is 4 weeks.
- Reference materials may be loaned at the discretion of the Librarian; generally, the period may be whatever meets the need of the patron – from a few hours up to one month.
- Journals may be loaned at the discretion of the Librarian for a few hours.
- History of Medicine materials are library use only. No exceptions.
Photocopying and Printing
- Cost is 15 cents per copy for both the copy machine & the computers
- Payment is cash only unless you have a department or personal account with the Fishbon Library
The UCSFguest wireless network is available to anyone visiting UCSF including patients and patient families. The UCSFguest wireless network has no encryption to protect users from eavesdropping. It is just like using the wireless network at a coffee shop and is accessible to anyone within range of the signal.
Connecting to the UCSFguest network can be as easy as selecting it from the list of available wireless networks on your device. There may be minimal set up depending on your operation system software. No authentication is required.
UCSF limits what can be done on the UCSFguest network to protect university resources from unwanted issues and protect the university against the use of the network for malicious activities.
All attempts to connect to sites or protocols not open through the guest system will receive an immediate connection rejection.
UCSF users and affiliates with Active Directory and network accounts may use the secure UCSFwpa network.
Visiting the Library
Get Mount Zion driving directions, maps and parking information