The UCSF Pain Management Center is a consultative practice and all patients must be referred for consultation by their primary care physician or other health care provider.
Non-UCSF Referring Providers:
UCSF Referring Providers:
- Please complete a referral within APeX
All Referring Providers:
- Along with a completed referral form, please include:
- Reason for referral
- Most recent medical evaluations
- Most recent operative reports
- Most recent X-ray/MRI reports
- Any psychological evaluations or reports
- A list of the patient’s current medications
- If required by the patient’s insurance, the authorization for the referral to the PMC
- We receive your referral
- We contact the patient and schedule them for an initial evaluation
- Once scheduled, the patient receives:
- Once we have evaluated the patient, the referring provider will be sent a copy of our evaluation summary, treatment plan & recommendations. If you need additional info, please contact us at (415) 885-7347.
Treatments and Recommendations:
- We will provide recommendations about the proposed treatment or suggested medication regimen to the referring provider
- If required by the patient’s insurance, we will secure prior authorization for recommended treatments prior to scheduling the patient’s appointment.